At Western Plains Medical Complex, a licensed social worker assists patients and families with the process from pre-admission to post hospital services.
As a part of the healthcare team, our social worker assesses the needs of patients and families. She will consider the patient's situation prior to admission, assess the supports that are available to the patient and family in the community, determine the status and availability of insurance coverage and connect the patient to available quality services.
Examples of services that might be appropriate include:
- Advance Directives Information
- Other: Case Management, Respite Care or an Emergency Response System
The social worker will also assist with patients requiring out-of-home post-hospital care including placement in:
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Adult Homes/Assisted Living Facilities
- Drug and Alcohol Treatment Programs